Background Color:

Background Pattern:
Reset
Search

Forum

Please Log In

We want you to contribute! 

This forum is a moderated environment. 
We try to keep it neat and tidy. In order to access the forum content we would like you to either or register.

HomeHomeScryberScryberDevelopment Que...Development Que...xPath and other questionsxPath and other questions
Previous

Next
New Post
3/23/2018 12:13 PM

Good morning, 

First question - is Scryber being actively supported? I see that development of the project is essentially dead - as it's been 4 years since an update. That's a shame - this is a great library, and has a ton of potential. It's already made my life as a developer much easier. 

Let's make the assumption that it is being actively supported. I have a few questions. 

1) I need to create a truly dynamic table. The number of rows and columns needs to be dynamic. So - if we say that the table will have 10 columns, but I have 20 cells worth of data, I need to make the table 2 rows of 10 columns. I know how to do this in code - and I could do this with xpath easy enough, but there is very little documentation about this. 

2) In order to accomplish my goals, I need to know the position of the for-each loop. Is there a way to know the position (index) within the loop? For example, if I am looping through 20 elements, is it possible to know that I am on element number 7? 

3) Does something like this need to be taken care of in an XSLT layer between the data and the template? 

Thanks

Previous

Next
HomeHomeScryberScryberDevelopment Que...Development Que...xPath and other questionsxPath and other questions