Background Color:

Background Pattern:
Reset
Search

Forum

Please Log In

We want you to contribute! 

This forum is a moderated environment. 
We try to keep it neat and tidy. In order to access the forum content we would like you to either or register.

HomeHomeScryberScryberDevelopment Que...Development Que...Custom Font ImportingCustom Font Importing
Previous

Next
New Post
5/3/2016 11:18 PM

Where exactly are we supposed to input the tags mentioned in this link: http://www.scryber.co.uk/HowTo/tabid/133/Default.aspx?topic=Scryber+Configuration#fonts

I have custom fonts that I want to use but the instructions arent too clear to me on where I implement the above tags to allow Scryber to know the location of my ttf files, or where I can input code directly into the pdfx files to reference the folder containing the fonts.

New Post
5/4/2016 8:49 PM
Accepted Answer 

Looks like I managed to solve my own problem :) 

Glanced over the part where it says that you need to add them in your applications config file. Didnt realize it meant my Web.config file. Added this snippet underneath the configSections and system.web section.

<scryber>

<fonts use-system-fonts="true" font-substitution="false">

<add family-name="Helvetica Neue LTPro Cn" font-style="Regular" font-file="Fonts\HelveticaNeueLTPro-Cn.ttf"/>

<add family-name="Helvetica Neue LTPro Bd" font-style="Regular" font-file="Fonts\HelveticaNeueLTPro-BdCn.ttf"/>

<add family-name="Helvetica Neue LTPro Hv" font-style="Regular" font-file="Fonts\HelveticaNeueLTPro-HvCn.ttf"/>

<add family-name="Helvetica Neue LTPro Lt" font-style="Regular" font-file="Fonts\HelveticaNeueLTPro-LtCn.ttf"/>

<add family-name="Helvetica Neue LTPro Md" font-style="Regular" font-file="Fonts\HelveticaNeueLTPro-MdCn.ttf"/>

</fonts>

</scryber>

And now all my fonts appear beautifully in my pdf when I search the font name. Hope this helps anyone else who was as lost as I.

New Post
5/5/2016 7:12 PM

Thanks for adding this. It will be helpful to others.

I have extended the documentation on configuration a little to show the sections within the config file more clearly

(And glad those fonts are coming through too)

Previous

Next
HomeHomeScryberScryberDevelopment Que...Development Que...Custom Font ImportingCustom Font Importing