Background Color:

Background Pattern:
Reset
Search

Forum

Please Log In

We want you to contribute! 

This forum is a moderated environment. 
We try to keep it neat and tidy. In order to access the forum content we would like you to either or register.

HomeHomeScryberScryberDevelopment Que...Development Que...PDF:IMAGE Path Auto-Change to LowerCase?PDF:IMAGE Path Auto-Change to LowerCase?
Previous

Next
New Post
8/8/2016 6:06 AM

Hi -

I am trying to confirm that the PDF:Image forces the image name/path to lowercase. Is there any Scryber process that is converting image paths to lowercase, if so, is it possible to change that and if so, how?

Thank you,

Suzanne

New Post
8/9/2016 11:37 AM

Hey Suzanne

Yes - scryber does by default convert image paths to lowercase. It does this to check that images are not duplicated in the generated PDF and paths are considered case insensitive.

There are a number of options to get around this using dynamic images. 
http://www.scryber.co.uk/HowTo/tabid/133/topic/Image/Default.aspx#Dynamic

The simplest would be just setting the data, but you could quickly implement a factory that took your path as is, download the image and return it. This would be more generic and versatile.
The example on the link above should give you good start, but keep posting if you hit a snag.

New Post
8/9/2016 6:02 PM

Holy moly, Batman! This has plagued me for AGES but I am delighted to have you confirm this for me, thank you! This was an issue for me because Azure Blob/Storage is case-sensitive. I realize most file systems are not, but it is and the file names are stored in our database as they are stored in Azure - caps and all. So of course, now that I know the real issue, it can be addressed. Thank you for confirming:-)

Hip hip!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeScryberScryberDevelopment Que...Development Que...PDF:IMAGE Path Auto-Change to LowerCase?PDF:IMAGE Path Auto-Change to LowerCase?