Background Color:

Background Pattern:
Reset
Search

Forum

Please Log In

We want you to contribute! 

This forum is a moderated environment. 
We try to keep it neat and tidy. In order to access the forum content we would like you to either or register.

HomeHomeScryberScryberIssues and Defe...Issues and Defe...PDFUnit and localized versions of WindowsPDFUnit and localized versions of Windows
Previous

Next
New Post
9/28/2015 2:33 PM

When creating i.e. a border for an object, on my Swedish version of WIndows 7 I have to enter a decimal comma instead of dot like this for the parser to work:

<s:Style applied-type="pdf:Cell" >

<s:Border width="0,1" color="black"/>

<s:Font family="Helvetica" size ="7"/>

<s:Padding all="2"/>

</s:Style>

Would this work correctly on a client computer running an English version of Windows? Otherwise I think there is a problem with the parsing of decimal numbers.. An invariant culture should be used in the parsing of the decimal value.

Can anyone confirm thisbeing an issue or not?

Regards / Björn

New Post
9/28/2015 3:08 PM

Thanks Bjorn

This is a really good callout. And something we need to sort.
Yes - in all probability the 0,1 value will not be correctly parsed on machines running the English version of Windows (for example).

So I have to ask - as a native Swedish developer what would you expect here. To enter the number as invariant - e.g 0.1 rather than current culture 0,1 
Would you do that it in CSS or HTML?

Would you expect the same with dates?

Richard.

New Post
9/28/2015 3:50 PM

Well, I don't find anything more frustrating than the fact that MS at some point elected to translate the VBA commands found in MS Office... This means I cannot use expected function names like =FIND() in the sheet formula, instead I'm supposed to use the Swedish word =HITTA()... Unless of course I'm using the VBA from code, then it is the English command again.. Really annoying!

Therefore; you should definitely go with the culture invariant version... Equal for all, on all platforms... In C# (In Studio) I'm also using the culture invariant style...

I have to say I really appreciate your product! It is really easy to use and in only one day of playing around I have managed to create exactly the reports I wanted! Great work you guys!!

// Björn 

New Post
9/28/2015 4:35 PM

Thanks Bjorn

We will apply this logic in the forthcoming release - Invariant for parsing, but allow an explicit override (parser-culture="...") in the processing instructions.

Until this fix is in place I'm afraid I think you will be stuck with whole point values (1/72nd of a point).

Richard

Previous

Next
HomeHomeScryberScryberIssues and Defe...Issues and Defe...PDFUnit and localized versions of WindowsPDFUnit and localized versions of Windows