Background Color:

Background Pattern:
Reset
Search

Forum

Please Log In

We want you to contribute! 

This forum is a moderated environment. 
We try to keep it neat and tidy. In order to access the forum content we would like you to either or register.

HomeHomeScryberScryberIssues and Defe...Issues and Defe...Image Size Limit?Image Size Limit?
Previous

Next
New Post
7/26/2016 6:37 PM

Hi - 

I submitted an inquiry late last year but I appreciate that it was lacking in detail and thus difficult to answer. Perhaps now that I have returned to this, the issue may be easier to identify. I am not able to view images over a particular size in the Scryber template I have created. The data and URI are pulled using XML and the data, including the image path, return as expected. If the image is <1M, then the image renders. If it is larger, I get the image for "missing image."

I use the syntax: <pdf:Image src="{xpath:po:ProfilePicturePath}" style:margins="4pt" style:position-mode="Inline" style:width="275pt"/> -- this will present the image in the PDF if the image is <1M. If the image is greater, I am unable to get the image to resolve. I can hardcode the URI in the method, I can hardcode it in the pdfx, it doesn't matter. If the image is >1M, then the image does not resolve.

Did I miss this in the documentation? Or am I perhaps missing some critical config element? I hope I have finally reached a point that there may be an answer, good or bad, although I am hopeful I have just missed something obvious!

Thank you,

Suzanne

New Post
7/26/2016 7:41 PM

Hi Suzanne

There should be no reason why the image cannot be included greater than 1Mb - I have just added a jpg to our test solution of 5.1Mb - 5456 × 3632 pixels.
There is defect we recently discovered in v0.9 with spaces in the file name - which may be the issue.

Apart from that, can I suggest you add the following  to the top of your pdfx file, just after the xml processing instruction.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<?scryber append-log='true' parser-log='true' parser-mode='Lax' log-level='Verbose' >
<pdf:Document ....

It should give you loads more information appended at the end of the document to see what is going on.

Richard

New Post
7/26/2016 7:53 PM

Hi Richard -

It's odd, or perhaps fortuitous, but I originally suspected a space/break issue but couldn't "see" it! Acht, I will not be surprised. I thought maybe a break or something was happening somewhere. I will refocus on the specifics of the path name and see if I can learn another more. Thank you for the header to try.

Many thanks for setting me on a new path!

Suzanne

New Post
7/26/2016 8:36 PM

One of those testing scenarios where it's not covered. We have sorted in v1, but 0.9 still suffers.

Let me know how it goes, and any problems just post.

The processing instruction is still a good one to hold in the bag.

R

New Post
7/26/2016 9:19 PM

Hi Richard,

Well, I think my trial and error sleuthing has me to the next stop. I find the .jpg extensions work fine in returning the images regardless of size for the URI, but if the image/blob is saved with a .JPG (caps) extension, the logs indicate that the image can not be found even though I can get the image via cut and paste.

Is it possible that the <pdf:image> tag or some setting I have is changing the extensions to lowercase letters and thus causing the lookup to fail?

And now I am deleting what I just wrote about the png files, which do have the lowercase extension. Is there something setting the ENTIRE filename to lowercase??

Thank you,

Suzanne

Previous

Next
HomeHomeScryberScryberIssues and Defe...Issues and Defe...Image Size Limit?Image Size Limit?