Background Color:

Background Pattern:
Reset
Search

Forum

Please Log In

We want you to contribute! 

This forum is a moderated environment. 
We try to keep it neat and tidy. In order to access the forum content we would like you to either or register.

HomeHomeScryberScryberLicensing ModelLicensing ModelDomain licenses and internal intranet use, where intranet server is referred to via short hostnameDomain licenses and internal intranet use, where intranet server is referred to via short hostname
Previous

Next
New Post
6/22/2017 11:28 PM

Hi,

I'm looking at using Scryber to produce some PDFs invoked by functionality on my company's internally-accessed intranet. This is largely based on custom-created ASP.NET code, and using the Scryber library looks like a great fit.

I'd therefore like to purchase the appropriate license to remove the watermarks from the PDFs that Scryber generates.

The intranet servers are generally referred to via their short hostname, so will this have any effect on the license chosen?

For example, if I have:
    1) Live intranet fully qualified domain name: intranet.subdomain.mycompany.co.nz
    2) Live intranet short hostname means this is referred to internally as just http://intranet
    3) UAT intranet fully qualified domain name: testintranet.subdomain.mycompany.co.nz
    4) UAT intranet short hostname means this is referred to internally as just http://testintranet

... does this mean I effectively need four licenses, or just two, one for intranet.subdomain.mycompany.co.nz and one for testintranet.subdomain.mycompany.co.nz, where it doesn't matter if each server is referred to via fully qualified or short name?

Thanks in advance.

Ali Booker

Previous

Next
HomeHomeScryberScryberLicensing ModelLicensing ModelDomain licenses and internal intranet use, where intranet server is referred to via short hostnameDomain licenses and internal intranet use, where intranet server is referred to via short hostname